Salary: $51,131 as EM-1 (based on 2018-19 GME schedule)
Vacation: 20 days per year (scheduled in certain blocks)
Sick time: 20 days per year (subject to ACGME limits)
Insurance: Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Medical/Dental (including family coverage) paid by UB
Certifications: ACLS, PALS, ATLS (provided during Orientation)
Professional Memberships: ACEP, EMRA, AAEM, SAEM
- Orientation month (ultrasound workshop, procedure course, social events)
- Faculty appointment as Clinical Assistant Instructor within the Department of Emergency Medicine, University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- UB Faculty Benefits (including unlimited gym facility access at main campus)
- Paid attendance to ACEP Scientific Assembly (during EM2 year)
- Annual difficult airway course
- Sponsored travel to conferences at which a resident is accepted to present
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) spending account
- Lab coats & monogrammed scrubs provided during orientation (two each)
- Helicopter air medical service (Mercy Flight of Western New York) integrated into EMS curriculum (flight shifts are not required).
- Comfortable cost of living in a major metropolitan area currently undergoing a vibrant revival!