Pediatric Emergency Medicine
The goal for our program is to produce EM docs who feel comfortable managing sick pediatric patients. To do so, we have several educational components geared toward this purpose.
- PEM|CoR sessions: Led by the PEM Fellows and attendings, these sessions are phenomenal ways to practice pediatric resuscitation
- Neonatal Resuscitation Simulation day: A full Grand Rounds dedicated to neonatal resuscitation
- 3 months of dedicated pediatric emergency department shifts in the first 2 years, then pediatric emergency department shifts scattered throughout all of 3rd year
- Required time with the STAT team - the pediatric response team that transports sick pediatric patients from outlying hospitals to our academic children's hospital
- Opportunity to do a PEM elective in third year with more time with the STAT team as well as pre-tending shifts in the pediatric ED.
- Opportunity to participate in the PEM track for those with special interest