Salary: $48,900 as EM-1 (based on 2016-17 GME schedule)
Vacation: 20 days per year (scheduled in certain blocks)
Sick time: 20 days per year (subject to ACGME limits)
Insurance: Medical/Dental (including family coverage) paid by UB
Certifications: ACLS, PALS, ATLS (provided during Orientation)
Professional Memberships: ACEP, EMRA, AAEM, SAEM
- Orientation month (ultrasound workshop, procedure course, social events)
- Faculty appointment as Clinical Assistant Instructor within the Department of Emergency Medicine, University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- UB Faculty Benefits (including limited gym facility access)
- Paid attendance to ACEP Scientific Assembly (during EM2 year)
- Annual difficult airway course
- Sponsored travel to conferences at which a resident is accepted to present
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) spending account
- Lab coats & monogrammed scrubs provided during orientation (two each)
- Helicopter air medical service (Mercy Flight of Western New York) integrated into EMS curriculum (flight shifts are not required). The resident functions independently as the Flight Physician, working in conjunction with the pilot and Flight Paramedic. In this unique role, the resident also provides on-scene medical direction.
- Comfortable cost of living in a major metropolitan area currently undergoing a vibrant revival!